Data Engineering, Data recovery
Bachelor (EQF 6)
We are especially looking for you if you are energetic and passionate about data recovery technologies, excited to discover new technical opportunities and restless as long as you haven’t found a solution to a technical problem. We also like to have you in our team if your highest priority is about our customers we help to get their valuable data back, be it corporate or private.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- 3-5 years prior experience in the field of Data Recovery;
- Graduate degree (Bachelor / EQF6) in Electronics or Computer science;
- In-depth knowledge of the file system; Candidate is expected to be able to diagnose and repair logical damage on customer storage devices and working on almost all available file systems. More specifically on FAT, ExFAT, NTFS, HFS (X), EXT2/3/4, XFS, etc;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how basic general hex editor tools work (e.g. WinHex);
- Working knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux Operating System;
- Extensive knowledge of all available commercial data recovery and file repair software;
- Working knowledge of various types of Encryptions like Safe boot, PGP, Point-sec, bit locker, true crypt, etc;
- working experience of assembling and disassembling of computers and other hardware;
- In-depth knowledge of RAID recoveries;
- Strong knowledge of hard drive and SSD firmware repair;
- Knowledge of Flash Data recovery;
- Good working experience of electronic component soldering;
- Working experience in a clean room, knowledge of replacing head assembly and platter swap of hard drives;
- Knowledge of database software SQL, Oracle;
- The programming skill is a plus;
- English proficiency level B1 (acc. to EU standards both written and spoken);
- Good level of interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Ability to take responsibility for own tasks and prioritize assignments effectively to complete work in a timely manner;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate effectively with colleagues from other departments like sales and logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- RAID recovery;
- Flash storage media repair and recovery by using market available flash recovery tools (including monolithic chips);
- Repair and recover data from logically damaged media (including encrypted media);
- Database file recovery, repair, and quality test;
- Prepare diagnosis report for the customer (Run quality test and verification on the data and Generate File list and create a case-specific technical report);
- Repair and recover data from physically damaged hard drives according to its need;
- In class 100 cleanroom
- Firmware damage repair
- PCB damage repair
- Doing research and finding solutions for a new type of problems related to data recovery from all type of available storage media and;
- Daily status update on jobs in diagnosis;
- Handle job-related queries;
- Evaluating the problem in storage media and providing solutions to the team for recovery of data;
- If needed prepare jobs for logistics
We offer a fixed contract and a lot of possibilities for professional growth in a dynamic and international team. We expect applicants to be willing to stay with us for multiple years, in order that we grow together to the next levels of skills and knowledge. Further, we offer flexible working hours, an environment with a lot of respect and support to each other, and personal freedom of action to reach our demanding targets.
If you are interested and eager to get to know us better, you are kindly invited to contact Mrs. Adrienn Högye by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +31 (0)30 7600732 (Monday-Thursday). We have the possibility to set up a get-to-know-each-other meeting either in daytime, either in evening hours. Website: www.stellar.nl
We are active in data recovery, secure data erasure, and software development. Our activities are worldwide with our corporate headquarters located in Gurgaon, India. On a yearly basis, we process more than 35.000 data recovery cases and serve more than 2 million software customers worldwide.
Our European operations are headquartered in Utrecht, The Netherlands. The European data recovery laboratory is also located in Utrecht.
Our market is growing: data recovery is evolving to higher capacity HDDs, flash-based storage and mobile devices (and what’s next?). Data volume storage is growing exponentially year after year. Secure data wiping is getting increasingly important (and mandatory).