Master (EQF 7)
Codean is a high-tech cybersecurity startup. With 11 employees and being well-funded we are building a toolbox to empower ethical hackers to make the digital world a bit safer.
Software is getting more complex, the amount of criminal hackers is growing, and automatic tools for software engineers are just not good enough. Human software security experts are simply irreplaceable, that said, they have too much work. Our review environment makes security experts 2x faster in application penetration testing and up to 10 times faster in specific tasks. Reporting becomes easier and more effective, and we automate mundane analysis tasks.
We foster our culture, both offline and online, since we work remote-first so there is no office. Every month we organize a ‘Codean day’ where we meet in person: these wonderful days we work on team building, inspiration and getting to know each other even better at varying locations in and around Utrecht. Online we cooperate using tools like Slack and Gather.town to stay connected.
Why we need you
The review environment we are building is a platform that security experts use on a daily basis to perform application testing. This means a lot of (frontend) features will be complex! An example is performing data flow analysis and visualizing this. Another feature is showing each logical constraint to get to a location within source code. We need you to help us make these and many more features a reality.
(See https://www.codean.io/blog/our-technology-stack for our tech stack)
- MSc level in Computer Science (no matter which diplomas you have).
- Strong understanding of TypeScript.
- Like to work on and improve the technical beast that is the review environment.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a big plus: GraphQL, Vue 3, GitOps, Vite, UI/UX design, Tailwind CSS.
- While we think test driven development is not THE way, writing awesome tests is paramount to our success and we expect you to do this well.
- Mentoring and coaching your peers on a technical level.
- Good communication skills in general and specifically in English (both verbal and written).
- Since startups work different than large corporates you should have some affinity with working in “smaller” teams.
What we offer
- Learning a lot: about building a startup, about software security, about worldwide expansion.
- Joining the adventure of building a worldwide tech leader in software security.
- Flexible hours: as long as you deliver, your working hours are flexible.
- Working remote first: you work from home or another location you prefer.
- 3 times a year a two-day retreat on a great location to work and have fun (= hackathons!)
- Salary 65-80K (including 8% holiday allowance) plus gear and stock option plan.
- Top-notch laptop and gear (screens, keyboard, headset, lights, microphone, etc).
- Long-term involvement starting with a 7-month contract.
How your personality fits our culture
- Open-minded: you are open for diversity, feedback and different perspectives (our team: 30% female, six nationalities, diverse in personalities).
- Entrepreneurial spirit: a startup means that some things are not so well arranged, so you need to be flexible. You have a lot of freedom, and therefore responsibility.
- Work hard, play hard, rest hard: work extra when needed, rest when we can, celebrate together.
- Sharing is caring: next to work we also about our private life, and we also share and care in being straightforward about our expectations and feedback.
- Living in (or close to) the Netherlands or willing to relocate for a minimum of 1-2 years.
- Be present at all physical meeting every month at an inspiring location in & around Utrecht, the Netherlands (in the future that will probably develop to every 2 months).
We are an IND recognized sponsor, if needed we can arrange your work permit.
If you’re interested, send your resume and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re not sure about the role or the match, or have questions? Send an email too!