Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
As a Senior Software Engineer at EclecticIQ, you’ll help build a large scale web app which helps cyber threat analysts to perform faster, better and deeper investigations.
You’ll work closely together with Product Team and other Engineers inside Feature Teams to solve challenging problems and deliver valuable features. Within the Back-end engineering team you’ll get to teach, learn, pair, review code, do technical design and implement best practices.
We are building our application with REST API built using Python 3 on top of frameworks like Flask, SQLAlchemy, and Celery. It relies on data stores like PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch. The codebase consists of several modules/libraries spread over the application. There is a web based UI for end users but also lot of intensive data processing is happening in the background.
As an ideal candidate, you have relevant experience working on large, robust, high-performance applications using similar technologies; you can responsibly build on and improve them.
- Independently build new product features and resolve issues in an Agile environment.
- Deliver work with a DevOps approach (you run the code you wrote) and compliant with the team's Definition Of Done.
- Profile Python code, write unit and integration tests, take part in performance testing.
- Perform code reviews and participate in technical design sessions with the rest of Engineering team.
- Closely collaborate with fellow Engineers and Product team members to design and implement product solutions that meet our quality criteria.
- 5+ years’ professional experience.
- 3+ years’ experience building robust applications and/or products.
- Understanding design patterns in use for modern Python development.
- Appreciation for clean code, thorough testing, and API design.
- Critical and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrable track record working with the following Python frameworks: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery.
- Demonstrable track record working with the following data stores: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrable experience working with the following technologies: Linux, Git, SQL, REST, JSON, XML, HTTP.
- Design data models for complex data structures are advantageous
- Complex multi-tier application profiling is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases in general is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud computing concepts in general is an advantage
- Familiarity with DevOps and automation tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Hashicorp suite of tools, and other tools is a plus