Thales Nederland is active in the Defence and Security sectors and is, with about 2000 employees, a top provider of high-tech jobs. Product innovation and swift anticipation of the newest technological possibilities are the mainsprings of our business. Examples are radar, communication and command & control systems for naval ships and communication, security and payment systems for trade and industry. Thales Nederland is part of the Thales Group, which has a workforce of 68.000 in more than 50 countries making it one of Europe’s largest electronics companies.
Some The Business Unit Naval Systems in Hengelo is an international player in the naval market. Inside Naval Systems, the department System Engineering is responsible of the system integration in different projects and performs the complete design cycle from concept definition, system design, system integration and qualification. To support our activities we are looking for a candidate for the function:
Senior System Integration Manager
About the job
The Solutions IVVQ & Training group has the responsibility to integrate naval mission solutions in diverse projects and participates in the complete cycle of concept definition, system design, system integration and qualification.
We offer the possibility of working in an exciting and challenging domain, performing integration of combat and information management system with sensors and effector systems on board of naval ships. These complex systems include advanced solutions in the area of information processing, information management, user interaction and control of sensors and effectors.
In the role of System Integration Manager you will lead a multidisciplinary integration team as part of a project and you will be responsible for the definition and execution of the system integration, verification and validation process, to achieve the formal acceptance of the naval mission system by a satisfied customer.
The integration, verification and validation activities take place at the premises of different suppliers, land based test locations and on board of ships everywhere around the world. A key success factor in these complex processes is the collaboration between the customer, shipyard, subcontractors, engineering department, quality department and internal test department.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications or similar.
- For this position you need 1-2 years of experience in System Integration.
- Experience in integration, verification and validation of complex industrial systems.
- Experience in preparation and performing of test and integration activities: documentation, software installation, testing, investigation, defect reports, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player, capable of building good working relationship with the customers and different stakeholders.
- Experience with management of an autonomous team of specialists.
- Pragmatic, flexible, determined and well organized. Capable of working under pressure.
- You have experienced working in international multicultural teams.
- Available to work abroad for long periods.
What can you expect from Thales
- Challenging and innovative projects and developments in a High Tech market
- Room for initiative and ideas
- A pleasant working environment with our own Starbucks corner
- Opportunities for growth and (international) personal development
- Working in an international environment
- An open and flexible working atmosphere
- Working on both strategic level and detailed level
- A good benefits package, for example 40 vacation days per year
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home