The incumbent of this post will provide the support in conceptualising, managing, and coordinating of the design, implementation, and maintenance of OPCW application systems, software packages, systems integration, and business intelligence projects. Successful candidate will be providing support to all reporting tools, comprising multiple modules, to automate administrative and program support functions of the Organisation.
Under the supervision of the Head, IS Business Applications, the incumbent performs the following duties:
Hand-on systems development, and implementation of new moderately complex systems, and/or participates as a member of a development team responsible for major components of the more complex systems. Develops and maintains computer programs, interfaces that require integrating many interrelated systems and program elements; ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues. Maintains, upgrades, or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, including resolving difficult information security problem. Responsible for building platforms and frameworks to create consistent, verifiable, and automatic management of applications and infrastructure between nonproduction and production environments.
To view the full job description, click here.
Essential: University degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field, a first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree; the lack of a degree may be off set with relevant specialised training in combination with a minimum of 8 years of qualifying experience.
· At least 2 years of relevant experience, in system analysis and design, implementation of large integrated systems using Microsoft Technologies (.Net/Azure/SharePoint/ Microsoft 365/SQL Server) with an advanced university degree or 4 years relevant experience with a first level degree. Equivalent or specialised training in combination with minimum 8 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
· Expertise in the design and development of software applications using .NET Core, .NET 5+, .NET 4.6 etc. using C#.
· Expertise in building cloud applications hosted on Azure (preferred) or other cloud platforms.
· Excellent understanding of MVC pattern and API driven application architectures.
· Experience in unit testing frameworks and working in Devops environment.
· Familiarity with SharePoint/Microsoft 365 application development using SPFx, PowerApps, Power Automate.
· Experience in automated build and release management (continuous integrations and continuous delivery) using Azure Devops or similar tools.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following skills and competencies:
· Excellent knowledge of application development in the cloud.
· Ability to work independently and carry out work according to the agreed work plan and meeting the deadlines.
· Knowledge of Agile software development, ITIL and at least one Project management Methodology.
· Ability to identify client’s needs and appropriate solutions.
Planning / Organising
· Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Branch’s priorities. Considers potential changes and proposes contingency plans.
· Good communications skills and ability to analyse problems and react quickly in stress situations with minimum supervision.
· Good inter-personal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
· Promotes knowledge sharing and actively contributes to achieving team results.
Fluency in English is essential and a good working knowledge of one of the other official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is desirable.
This fixed-term appointment is for the duration of two years with a six-month probationary period, and is subject to the OPCW Staff Regulations and Interim Staff Rules.
The OPCW is a non-career organisation with limited staff tenure. The total length of service for Professional staff shall not exceed 7 years.
The mandatory age of separation at the OPCW is 65 years.
Fixed-term staff members participate in the OPCW provident fund. A monthly staff contribution is met with a doubled amount by the OPCW to ensure separating staff have the capital necessary to move on to new challenges.
The Director-General retains the discretion to not make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. Several vacancies may be filled.
Only fully completed applications submitted before the closing date and through OPCW CandidateSpace will be considered. Only applicants under serious consideration for a post will be contacted.
Applications from qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Important notice for applicants who are currently insured under the Dutch Social Security system
Although headquartered in the Netherlands, the OPCW is not a regular Dutch employer but a public international organisation with its own special status. Please be advised that if you are currently insured under the Dutch Social Security system, you will be excluded from this system as a staff member of the OPCW. You will consequently be insured under the organisation’s system. The above also applies to your dependents unless they are employed by a regular Dutch employer, they are self-employed in the Netherlands, or are receiving Dutch social security payments.
Please refer to the website of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment for more information about the possible consequences for you and your dependents, such as exclusion from ‘AWBZ’ and ‘Zorgverzekeringswet’ coverage: ‘Werken bij een internationale organisatie’.