About Eclectic IQ
EclecticIQ is an applied cyber intelligence technology provider, enabling enterprise security programs and governments to bootstrap a threat intelligence practice.
EclecticIQ’s mission is to restore balance in the fight against cyber adversaries, by empowering analysts to take back control of their threat reality and to mitigate exposure accordingly.
Our flagship product, the EclecticIQ Threat Intelligence Platform, enables the operationalisation of security information exchange, empowers collaborative analyst workflow and ensures timely integration of cyber threat intelligence with detection, prevention and response capabilities. EclecticIQ is a privately held company headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and with an office in London, UK. (www.eclecticiq.com)
The Technical Support Analyst has a good understanding of software development and of software support techniques, as well as of the information security domain in general.
They are capable of working on complex technical issues where in-depth knowledge, applied skill, patience and precision are required and they can also contribute to the development of delivery and support methods for our products.
The Senior Support Analyst can also have input into the product development roadmap, based on their industry experience and on the content of their daily interactions with our customers and partners.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers verbally and in written format, mostly remotely (via e-mail, phone, teleconference, web, social media, etc)
- Confident and comfortable to own and to successfully see to resolution the following types of customer issues, among others:
o How to size, install, configure, tune and upgrade our products
o How to backup and restore our products
o How to troubleshoot, do RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and solve problems with various parts of our products, to the customer’s satisfaction
- Supports the Professional Services consultants with in-the-field customer and product issues, as appropriate and required
- Has a personal interest in and maintains good domain expertise around information/cyber security technologies and working practices, including open source, and is able to use this knowledge to help the company improve our products and our technical support practices
- Works collaboratively with other departments (Professional Services, Product, Engineering, etc) as well as with partners and suppliers to support our products, takes ownership to answer customer support issues, complaints, support tickets, escalations and other enquiries in a timely, professional and quality manner that makes customers happy and solves their concrete problems
Skills, aptitudes and experience
- Professional and personal integrity, strong ethics
- Very good communication (verbal, listening, reading and writing) skills, in English
- Minimum of five years of experience and practice of software product support and customer interaction (preferred in the information security field)
- Sound knowledge (theoretical and applied) of internet technologies (IP routing, DNS, Web services, network security and application security) as well as general security principles
- Linux knowledge – good: able to troubleshoot various configurations, including networking and virtual machines, RPM installations, etc
- Scripting – very good: able to write, to manage and to use various scripts (Shell, Python, PERL, etc), troubleshoot product, apply patches
- Database knowledge – good: PostgreSQL or similar, able to troubleshoot
- Knowlegde of standards, frameworks and protocols for cyber security, threat intelligence, information security, architecture and operations (e.g. STIX and TAXII, OASIS, HTTP, REST APIs, ISO2700x, CIS CSC, etc)
- Very good people and customer facing skills, respectful, polite, helpful and friendly
- A collaborative, “can-do” positive attitude
- A willingness to continuously learn, and improve themselves as a professional and as a human being.
Nice to have (one or more of the below)
- Foreign languages (European languages e.g. Dutch, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, etc)
- A degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) from a recognized and reputable higher education institution
- Security certifications, for example: CISSP, SANS, CISM, etc.
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics, e.g. Hadoop, SPARK, Elastic Search, etc.
- Cyber threat intelligence techniques (e.g. in collection, analysis, dissemination, Open / Closed source, etc), most preferably as an enterprise defender / CERT/CSIRT member.
- Willingness to work non-standard business hours sometimes and/or in a shift pattern (this is not in operation at present, but the company will move to 24x7x365 support in the future)
- Willingness and ability to travel, including internationally (not very often)
- Ability to achieve clearances in support of business requirements