Security, Safety, Awareness, Training
Education Type:Edu type:
Course or training
How to respond to harassment and other unsafe situations?
After the meeting you join the group for drinks. The atmosphere is great and you are having a good time. You find yourself in an animated discussion with a director of a possible future partner organisation. He is standing very close to you and you ask him to give you some room.
The man keeps focused on you and now puts a hand on your shoulder. This makes you feel very uncomfortable. You made yourself clear, didn’t you? What to do? How to get out of this situation?
Our Safety for Female Travellers Course enables you to de-escalate and steer situations in the right direction. After this course you have the tools and confidence to deal with situations when travelling.
Why choose a Safety for Female Travellers Course?
- Safe learning environment
Before and during the course, you can share prior experiences with the trainer. She can discreetly adapt the course for you to make sure this will be the best and safest learning experience you ever had. The course is facilitated by a female trainer, the actor is male.
- This is a practical course with lots of exercises and simulations
The focus of this course is not on theory but on practicing situations in a safe environment. Together with the actor we will stage many different situations in different settings. You will get a chance to practice effective ways to defuse situations.
- Your private experiences stay private
During this course we focus on preventing situations in the future.
- This is not a self-defense course
This course gives you the tools which enables you to set boundaries in an early stage.
- For whom: Female field workers working and/or travelling in unsafe areas.
- Language: English (incompany also in Dutch)
- Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
- Breakdown of time: 30% theory, 30% practice, 40% simulations
- Group size: Maximum 9
- Location: Soesterbeg, The Netherlands
- Dietary wishes: Vegetarian/vegan/halal/other
- Certification: Yes
- Costs: € 475,- (including all course materials and food & beverage)
Safety for Female Travellers Course dates 2022 (first half) - Costs 2022: € 675,00 (including all course materials and food & beverage)
Please feel free to contact us for more information.