Engineering, Quality, automated testing
Bachelor (EQF 6), Doctorate/PhD (EQF 8), Master (EQF 7)
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer to be based in Tilburg.
Everbridge Public Warning software is focused on helping emergency management services, Governments and first responders to communicate with the citizens using different channels (SMS, Voice, Email, Social Media etc.) We have on-premise installations that cover cities, counties, states and even countries. Already having installations in five European countries we are geared to expand in the European Union.
We are looking for experienced quality engineering leaders who want to be at the forefront of technology in helping governments and corporations manage critical events efficiently and effectively. You will interface with customers and help test integrations, deployments, upgrades and execute UATs – all the time keeping the scale of the problem in mind. We need highly agile engineers with attention to detail and a tendency for interfacing well with customers. Excellent multi-lingual (Dutch and English) communication skills are a must with the ability to work hands on and get into nitty gritty details.
What you'll do:
- Interface with customers and partners and manage their expectations
- Understand project and product requirements and be the champion for product quality
- Build strategic frameworks and processes to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Design test plans and UATs with traceability to customer requirements
- Lead testing of deployments, integration tests, and user acceptance tests with customers in multiple countries
- Lead and contribute to functional, performance, security, server side testing etc.
- Generate and analyse test reports, and work with developers to identify root cause
- Building automation test framework and tools; write scripts and execute automation runs
What you'll bring:
- Have a Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related major
- 10+ years of Quality Engineering experience in automated testing
- 2+ years in Project leadership experience
- Multi-lingual in Dutch and English
- Experience with customer interaction with focus on customer expectation management with regard to product quality
- Ability to work effectively with product management, software development and release engineering
- Strong understanding of QE methodology and the Software Development lifecycles
- Experience using Python or any other programming language for test automation
- Experience with testing frameworks like PyTest, API test automation
- End-to-end testing; UI, integration layer, server component and telecom operators
- Ability to adapt to ever increasing scope and complexity of testing
- Agile and scrum experience (good to have)
- Strong telecom industry experience (good to have)