Cyber, Network Monitoring, Engineering, IT Monitoring, cyber threat management
Bachelor (EQF 6)
As a Support Engineer
- … you are a key part in providing second line support to our fast growing customer base. In this role you and your team along with the greater Support Team work together to operationally support as well as solve our customer issues. You will investigate, analyse and report complex issues as well as become part of the solution to these. You will need to recognize and address problems to multiple teams, but also take ownership to get things fixed on time.
- … you are responsible for the existing and future network monitoring sensors that we provide to our customers; you support, maintain and manage theses from both a hardware and software perspective while ensuring they are operational 24/7. Improvements and optimization of these sensors is also one of your teams important functions’.
- … you work on integration, implementation and administration of our Cyber Threat Management platform that we use to advise and inform external customers about threats detected in their networks that could have an impact on their business. Customer engagement is a daily part of your teams role where clear, timely and professional communication with our customers is fundamental.
- … you play an active role in technical integration and development for the purpose of sharing knowledge with internal customers. Making knowledge and intelligence gathered more widely available for other business lines is key, these could include our Security Operations Center (SOC) or the Incident Response team ( Forensic investigation);
- … you both proactively and actively think about the Security lifecycle during our service development and operation, so your focus is not only on Support but also on all the associated security aspects.
Your ideal profile:
- Has followed a course in computer science or related study;
- Has at least 2 years of related customer support and server administration experience
- Is familiar with Linux systems and theirmanagement and troubleshooting ;
- You are comfortable with acommand line interface;
- A good understanding of networking and related tools would be very beneficial;
- You are both comfortable and enjoy directly engaging with customers;
- You are a team player and enjoy working with your colleagues to create or improve processes and build efficiencies;
- You are open to growing your skill set quickly expanding your technical knowledge;
- Experience in maintenance and support of network monitoring sensors would be a plus but is not essential.
We are Fox-IT, or Fox. We make society safer with the help of our technical and innovative solutions. We do this for parties where cyber security is important. We are at the forefront of innovations and naturally want to maintain this position. That is why we continuously develop our individual skills and knowledge: an investment in our reputation. Fox was founded in 1999 and has been part of the NCC Group since 2015. Since then we are proud to be part of of a global team of more than 2000 professionals, spread over 35 locations on 3 different continents. Foxers are very proud to work at Fox-IT. We are open to feedback and find it important to learn from mistakes. Okay, we are also a bit stubborn and nice and critical (this is how we keep each other sharp). At Fox, we work hard, especially when it comes to serving our customers. Where possible we naturally make time for pleasant outings and parties. Want to know more about Fox-IT? Read our Manifesto!
Working at Fox means that you can let your technical creativity run free and that this is also greatly appreciated. You cannot always tell everything about your work, but you can tell during birthdays that you contribute to a safer society. That is not all. As a Support Engineer you also get:
- A good salary that matches the cool things you have already done and will do.
- Flexible working hours, so that you can occasionally start later or do your thing from home.
- A favourable pension scheme, 24 vacation days and 8% vacation pay.
- Many development opportunities: you can gain and share knowledge throughTechTalks , Crypto Colloquia, events and the Fox Academy .
- A laptop and business phone.Do you use your own telephone? Then you will be reimbursed a maximum of € 25.
- A reimbursement for your internet at home of a maximum of € 40.
- A performance bonus and profit sharing, because we appreciate your commitment.
- A joint lunch, tasty coffee and lots of fruit every day.A good time to catch up with your colleagues.
- Free parking spaces next to our office in Delft where you can drive up from the A13 and a bus stop in front of the door. Very easy, especially when it rains.
Interested? Click the 'more information'-button on top of this page.