Conduct property loss prevention surveys of commercial property facilities including light to high hazard manufacturing and process facilities such as metal workers, plastic workers, rubber workers, wood workers, electronic manufacturers, pulp and paper mills, steel mills, aluminum mills, cement mills, electronic manufacturers, semiconductor and chemical plants and non-manufacturing occupancies such as hospitals, universities, real estate, retail, etc..
This position is home based with field work conducted at insured facilities.
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Possess more than 8 years of highly protected risk, specialized industry and/or boiler and machinery field experience
- Broad knowledge in ‘all risk’ property loss control and experienced in performing property field surveys of commercial and light to high hazard industrial occupancies.
- Proficiency in automatic sprinkler system hydraulic calculations & fire protection water supply analysis.
- Proficiency in assessing exposures from wind, flood and earthquake.
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Be highly motivated and work well without close supervision. The individual must be able to make decisions with and without established guidelines and to provide technical support to underwriters & clients.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written), computer skills and a client focused approach.
- Professional Engineer or Certified Fire Protection Specialist Designation (desired but not required).
- Ability to work closely with various Account Teams including Account Engineers and Underwriters
- Must be able to perform physical activities required for the position (i.e., be on feet and walking 8-10 hours a day, climbing ladders, being at high elevations)
- Must be able to type at a computer for 8 hours a day with 3 or 4, 15 minute breaks doing other work and a lunch break interspersed.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment required for the position (hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection)
- Conduct property loss prevention surveys at commercial facilities
- Determine building construction and assess the impact of plastics on construction
- Analyze water supplies and sprinkler system demands to determine water supply and sprinkler system adequacy
- Identify occupancy hazards and assess the adequacy of their protection features
- Identify and assess the impact of external exposures on a facility
- Determine fire and natural catastrophe loss estimates for a facility
- Conduct consultative visits at customer facilities
- Conduct plan reviews
- Witness fire protection equipment testing
- Document survey results in an data-driven report writing application
- Mentor and train lesser experienced staff
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): More than 50%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (Belgium branch)