Cyber, Security, ICT, Software Developer
Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
We are looking for a Lean Software Developer who will work on new software tooling to automatically test the security of embedded software and IoT applications. This opening is for our European office in Delft, The Netherlands.
Do you like building the world’s most advanced security test tools?
Riscure is a successful organisation that specialises in developing security test tools and testing the security of smart cards, Pay-Tv systems, embedded software and mobile payment applications, among other things. Riscure is growing fast and one of our security testing products is on its way to becoming the international benchmark. Most of our 100 enthusiastic colleagues have a technical and academic background. Riscure consists of four units: Security tools and software, Security Lab, Developer Solutions and Training Academy. Next to our headquarters in Delft, we have offices in San Francisco, USA and Shanghai, China.
We are looking for a Lean Software Developer who will work on new software tooling to automatically test the security of embedded software and IoT applications. Next to this you will be improving our current market-leading tools. All our tools enable security experts to find vulnerabilities in secured products by using a variety of hardware and software test techniques, combined with data analysis and visual representation of test results. Performance, complex analysis of large data sets, and reliable software-hardware interaction are key to the success of our tools.
As a Lean Software Developer you are part of the development team, with the objective to develop new products, as well as improve the existing ones, using the Lean development practice. The team collaborates with the analysts from our own Security Lab and external customers to learn which solutions are most valuable. The close collaboration with users results in products that fulfil a customer need and have short time-to-market.
The development team works in an agile way. With your experience of agile development, you know how to structure the work, collaborate with your colleagues and ask for help when needed. You have an open mind; can find creative solutions that will make our tooling loved by our customers. You like technical challenges. You use your programming skills to build robust and easily extensible software that will give our customers an outstanding user experience.
- You will work in short cycles on experiments, in which ideas are transformed into prototypes, according to Lean development principles. We use these experiments to check if our solution is beneficial for our customers.
- You work in a small team of developers, creating new solutions for customers, and supporting them with fixes for current releases.
- You implement code. Additionally, you perform supporting tasks, such as writing documentation and testing.
- The majority of our software is written in Java. We are working with tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Maven and Git to support our software development process. Your work includes configuration, maintenance, and improvement of these tools and processes. You may also need to develop or maintain parts of scripting-based tools written in e.g. Python or C.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- You have experience with Lean development or similar Agile software development practices, software development tools and unassisted software development and implementation.
- You love advanced technology, and have a drive to understand and improve products. You enjoy hunting for bugs, and you can fix issues efficiently. Customer satisfaction is a key motivator in your daily work.
- You have affinity with the field of software security. You are familiar with cryptography and attack techniques. You feel comfortable with the hacking mentality that is used in security evaluation projects and the strong demand for flexibility in the software tools.
- You collaborate with software developers, hardware developers, security analysts and end-users.
- You receive directions from a product manager and a software development manager.
What Riscure offers
- Riscure develops security evaluation tools. One of the tools is Inspector — the market leading tool for side channel analysis and fault injection techniques to evaluate the security of smart cards and embedded technology. This makes for a unique workplace with a fascinating market.
- Most of our customers are large, international organizations based in North America, Europe, and Asia. It is very important for us to be able to provide these customers with high-quality professional products, training and support. In our daily work we value content, creating an open and sincere work environment with ample room for fresh ideas.
- At Riscure you will be working together with people who are passionate about their job. Each of them is eager to learn and willing to share knowledge. We have weekly lunch meetings during which we take turns to keep one another up to date about the latest developments.
- You form part of a small, highly specialized company with an informal working environment, ensuring that your work is varied and that you have direct contact with every layer within the organization.
- Riscure is a young and growing company. In addition to attractive terms of employment, you will be given the chance of getting your own responsibility and personal development plan within the organization.
Riscure Core Values
- Proactively taking ownership: we are proactive in our work; we take responsibility for our customers’ satisfaction; we improve continuously, both professionally and personally.
- Open to share knowledge: we share knowledge responsibly; we listen to each other and our customers.
- Everyone feels at home: we can be ourselves; we are playful and like to surprise each other; we are respectful.
- Maximize our creative potential: we like being challenged; we are curious; we encourage innovation.
Are you interested?
For more information, please contact +31 (0)15 251 4090. Applications can be sent to email@example.com in the form of a resume accompanied by a short motivation letter. Please note that applications without a motivation letter will not be taken into account. An assessment may be part of the application procedure.