Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
Forescout is at the forefront of IT, OT and IoT Security. As the world becomes more and more connected, so does the need for Forescout's products. We are looking for individuals that want to be at the ground floor of building a product that addresses the world’s most challenging security problems. Innovation starts here, visionaries welcomed!
We are seeking a strong and motivated Python Engineer to join our multicultural, creative and fast-paced OT team in Eindhoven. As a Python Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing new products and features that extend our current product portfolio. You will produce high-quality code that ensures high performance and responsiveness and enables an easy integration with other new and existing software components. You will manage your work ensuring timely delivery and will have the chance to grow in role and responsibilities as the project progresses.
What you will do:
- You’ll be responsible for a large part of the development lifecycle, from design to delivery. With your technical expertise you’ll manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- You’ll be involved in the continuous improvement process: a proactive approach is a key element for this role
- You’ll write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- You’ll integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- You’ll influence and strengthen our agile development culture.
What You Bring to Forescout:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Python (enthusiast about PEP20 and PEP8).
- Experience in writing Unit Tests (including Mock) and Integration Tests.
- Knowledge of Flask framework for HTTP Rest API backend.
- Experience with Docker, building images of Python Project and orchestration with Docker Compose.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration workflows and tools like Git, Gerrit and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Linux (Debian and RedHat Family).
- Good written and verbal communication skills, to interact with customers and internal teams in an effective and professional manner.
- Ansible experience is a plus.
- System security background or knowledge is a plus.
- OT knowledge and experience are a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with network socket programming is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of Python development experience.
- Affinity with performance-critical code.
- Fluency in English.
What Forescout Offers You:
Strong product, good leadership, great culture, good people, diverse. If you have good work ethic, are visible, lean in, you will be recognized. We are in growth mode and there is tons of opportunity. A positive attitude and being flexible to change goes a long way here at Forescout!
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology.
- Competitive compensation and Benefits.
- We work hard…and we celebrate success!