When infrastructure is critical, so is its security. With an ever more connected electricity grid, cyber security challenges are multiplying every day and demand a new way of thinking from security professionals.
Founded in 2012, the European Network for Cyber Security (ENCS) is an independent, non-profit organisation dedicated to enhancing the security of critical energy infrastructures across Europe. Using our network in academia, government and business, we provide cyber security solutions and counsel to utilities and regulators.
Navigating solutions for cyber challenges can be bewildering. As a security consultant, you’ll guide ENCS members through the maze by providing the materials and advice they need to keep their networks secure.
This role is for a consultant. Please do also look at our senior and principal consultant vacancies.
As an ENCS consultant, you’ll need to:
- Interact with ENCS stakeholder groups, including infrastructure owners, their suppliers, regulators and academia
- Create content by conducting studies, writing opinion articles, evaluations and papers
- Develop a deep understanding of security operations, procedures and requirements in the power sector
Who we’re looking for:
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Good knowledge of security architectures, the definition of security requirements and security design activities
- At least 2 years’ experience working in security
- Good communication skills, including comprehensive report writing and specific experience communicating security content
- High motivation and the ability to think and work independently
- Experience working with customers in a commercial setting
- Fluent English
- A master’s degree or higher
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A good command of a second European language
By joining ENCS you’ll be part of a small, international team of industry experts making a real difference to critical infrastructure cyber security developments in Europe.
From our offices in The Hague you’ll work across Europe, giving you the chance to:
- Work at the forefront of new security developments. Smart grids, electric vehicles, and industrial control systems offer unique security challenges. We are in a leading position to meet these by developing new solutions, finding new classes of vulnerabilities, and setting the standard for smart grid cyber security.
- Protect society. Keeping the grid secure while it is increasingly automated is critical if our society is to transition to renewable energy. ENCS has a unique position to act on behalf of our members to make sure their systems are secure.
- Develop your skills in an international environment. ENCS is a small company taking on big challenges. That creates a unique environment for ambitious talent to grow and take on new responsibilities.
- An attractive salary
- Health insurance contribution
- Pension contribution
- Mobility budget
- Laptop and mobile phone (also for private use)
- A delicious lunch every day with the team
Interested in joining us?
We hope so. Please submit your CV and a supporting cover letter in English outlining why you want to work For ENCS by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Please note that an employee screening is part of the interview process. All employees of ENCS need to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate/Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG).+A1:A13