Security Professionals, ICT
Education Type:Edu type:
Course or training
MBO-4/HAVO/VWO (EQF 4)
Secure Programming Foundation offers an intensive hands-on introduction to secure software development. You’ll learn what programming errors can lead to software vulnerabilities, how these errors are exploited by attackers, and how you can prevent software flaws that enable cyberattacks. The course benefits software developers as well as security professionals. To successfully participate in the hands on exercises, students should have coding skills as a minimum and preferably understand the principles of the most common software development models.
This course is taught entirely in English.
Secure Programming Foundation
- 3 days, 4.5 hours a day
- Developers looking for secure programming skills. Professionals that need to interact with secure programmers. Security professionals looking for application security from a development perspective.
- The most important types of coding mistakes that lead to insecure software.
- Development models impacting the work of a secure programmer (e.g. waterfall, Agile, DevOps).
- Best practices and frameworks (SECO Application Testing Framework, OWASP SAMM), how to integrate them into the Software Development Life Cycle and how they relate to major vulnerability lists (OWASP top 10, SANS).
- Hands on exercises in designing and producing secure software, threat modeling and verification of the security of software.
- Official SECO-Institute course materials
- Training from passionate instructors with exceptional skills
- Access to the SECO lab environment
- Access to the SECO member portal
- Practice exam
- Exam voucher
- Membership to SECO’s Alumni Network after passing the exam
- Introduction and creating secure software
- The fundamentals of secure software
- Workshop Threat Modelling
- Workshop Theat Modelling
- Secure Coding
- Secure coding exercises
- Collect your badge of honor
- Join our Alumni Network