NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: building peace and security for one billion people in Europe and North America. The NATO Communications & Information Agency is leading NATO’s Digital Endeavour. We are NATO’s technology and cyber leaders, helping NATO Nations to communicate and work together in smarter ways. Our work is challenging and meaningful, and you will develop and apply your expertise as part of a dynamic international team of civilian and military professionals.
What do we offer?
- Genuinely meaningful work as part of the most successful alliance in history
- 3 year contract with competitive tax-free salary and household and children’s allowances
- Privileges for expatriate staff including expatriation and education allowances (where appropriate) and additional home leave
- Excellent private health insurance scheme
- Generous annual leave of 30 days plus official holidays
- Pension Scheme
About the job
Based in Mons, Belgium you will join the Agency as we embark on a journey to transform our IT services to support NATO’s Digital Endeavour.
The NATO Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) is responsible for planning and executing all lifecycle management activities for cyber security. In executing this responsibility, NCSC provides specialist cyber security-related services covering the spectrum of scientific, technical, acquisition, operations, maintenance, and sustainment support, throughout the lifecycle of NATO Communications and Information Systems (CIS).
The Infrastructure (INFRA) Branch delivers a suite of enabling services in the specific areas of Cryptography, Identity Management, Technical Services (supporting CS Operations) and CIS Protection. The Security Tools Management Services (STMS) Section is responsible for delivering centrally managed security tools for internal and external users, as well as providing expert guidance for the implementation, configuration and management of NATO Enterprise-wide endpoint security software.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Act as one of the engineers delivering Online Vulnerability Assessment (OVA) service, Online Computer Forensics (OCF) and MA services
- Manage cyber tools used for OCF, MA and Vulnerability Assessment (further referred as cyber tools)
- Ensure the availability and performance requirements of the cyber tools to meet agreed customers Service Level Targets
- Install, deploy, update, monitor, maintain, configure, troubleshoot and keep in operational conditions the cyber tools
- Troubleshoot identified issues within the cyber tools, liaise with other stakeholders and co-ordinate resolution of those issues
- Carry out all Service Management activities for the cyber tools, including assisting in Service Design workshops, Service Transition activities and ensuring full Service Operations activities (Service Requests, Change Requests, Problem Records, Incident Reports, Root Cause Analysis, etc.) are effectively executed
- Follow ITIL software life cycle management (such as release, testing, distribution and maintenance) of the tools
- Act as a subject matter expert of Cyber tools - provide advice and technical assistance to other stakeholders, maintain technical expertise, awareness of new technologies and developments and contribute to any projects related to the tools and associated cyber services
- Develop and maintain documentation guidelines, standard operating procedures, system and service design documents and other relevant documentation
For the same team we have four roles open, including a Senior Engineer Cyber Security Tools – Lead who will act as team leader and will lead the team responsible for management of the cyber tools used for Vulnerability Assessment, Forensics and Malware Analysis (MA).
For a full list of duties, please review the job descriptions here:
- Senior Engineer Cyber Security Tools – Lead : technical leader with experience in working with multiple tools and management (leading engineers, coordinating activities)
- Engineer Cyber Security Tools – OCF : mandatory experience with Forensics tools
- Engineer Cyber Security Tools – OVA : mandatory experience with Vulnerability Assessments tools
- Engineer Cyber Security Tools – OVA, OCF : experience with Vulnerability Assessment and/or Forensics and/or Malware Analysis
We are looking for talented and knowledgeable Cyber Security Tools Engineers with a Bachelor’s degree and 2/3 years of post-related experience.
A different qualification coupled with particularly relevant experience may also be considered.
You should also have:
- At least 2 years of experience in managing and supporting tools in at least one of the following areas:
- Vulnerability assessments
- Malware Analysis
- Additionally at least 1 year of experience in:
- IP switching and routing in a wired and wireless environment
- Virtual Infrastructure management based on VMWare technologies
- Systems administration, ideally both with Windows and Linux
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing a team and at least 1 year of experience in acting as technical lead, coaching and training, oversight (only for the Senior Engineer Cyber Security Tools – Lead) role)
- Good software engineering skills including programming and/or scripting knowledge (python, shell scripting, PowerShell)
- Demonstrable experience of analysing and interpreting system, security and application logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behaviours
- Comprehensive understanding of principles of Computer and Communication Security, networking, and vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications acquired through a blend of academic or professional training coupled with practical professional experience
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and successfully articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences and teams
Knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential.
Engineer Cyber Security Tools: 6,137.16 EUR/month
Senior Engineer Cyber Security Tools – Lead: 7,563.38 EUR/month
Please note that internally the job titles are Senior Engineer (Cyber Security) and Engineer (Cyber Security).