Pentesting, Analyse Software
Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
Criminal hackers are getting more active every day, as you probably read in the news. To combat them, we are empowering ethical hackers: we are building the Codean Review Environment that makes the work of security analysts up to 10 times faster. Interestingly, most security analysts use an IDE for software analysis, even though it's made for software development. Our environment is tailor made for security analysis: it has features ranging from keeping track what is reviewed to symbiotic taint analysis.
Our founder Kevin Valk is an experienced ethical hacker (with some nice war stories) and a software engineer, and co-founder Arthur Tolsma is an experienced entrepreneur and innovation coach. We are on a great adventure. We are growing the team and expect to be with 20 employees after 3 years. Because we are working hard to become a tech leader in software security. If that sounds as fun and exciting as we think it sounds: let's have a (digital) coffee.
What to do at Codean?
We prefer bachelor or master thesis projects, since a bit longer project adds the most value to you and us. We are really ambitious and have lots of things to improve in our Review Environment and business strategy, so have openings for:
- Technical internships: students in computer science, possibly but not required with a specialization in cybersecurity, to research/develop new features of the Review Environment
- Design internships: students focussing on digital design and UX/UI that can make the Review Environment easier and more fun to use
- Business internships, students in marketing, entrepreneurship or communication studies, to help with the business strategy (which markets to target first & how) and setting up and executing our marketing communication.
What we offer
- Joining the adventure of becoming a worldwide tech leader in software security
- Learning a lot: about building an ambitious startup, about developing new software technology, and about cybersecurity
- Flexible hours: as long as you deliver your working hours are flexible
- Working remote first: we don't have an office, so you work from home or another location you prefer (this job description says location Utrecht, but that is purely our official address!)
- We do meet each other every month for a 'Codean day': a full day of inspiration, cooperation and team building at varying inspirational locations in and around Utrecht (the Netherlands)
- 3 times a year a two-day retreat to work (on our strategy, team, internal communication) and have fun. In a big mansion in the mountains/woods/beach (feel free to join the discussion which location suits best)
- Growth mindset: you are open for feedback and different perspectives
- Fluent professional English (both verbal and written)
- Soft skills: no need to give sales presentations, but strong communication (writing) skills is a big plus
- Work hard, play hard, rest hard: work extra when needed, rest when we can, celebrate together
- EU citizen or EU work permit
- Be present at all physical 'Codean days' every month at an inspiring location in & around Utrecht, the Netherlands