BlueVoyant is seeking a knowledgeable Full-Stack Engineer to join our Client Applications Team ("CAT") to help implement our technology platforms used to deliver our internet-scale intelligence and managed security products. In this role you will be working with other talented Full-Stack Engineers in tandem with our U.S. based Client Applications Team to coordinate code delivery & maintain consistent standards.
Location: This is a remote position based in Hungary
For this remote position, if f not based in Hungary, may be open to hiring in the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
Qualifications for the Role:
- Occasionally you will interact with backend services and having working knowledge of Go would be a plus.
- Experience with Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Agile tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery pipelines and the tools used to deliver solutions (GIT, GitLab, BitBucket, Jenkins, AWS Code Deploy, Azure DevOps, etc.).
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker.
- Experience mentoring developers and leading the delivery of technology projects.
- Expertise with API integration across applications, networks, and cloud environments.
- Experience with cloud storage and database skills in Postgres, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with Splunk is a plus. I.e. splunk indexers, search heads, etc.
- At least 5+ years of experience developing, tuning and implementing large-scale, complex cloud system architectures.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field experience.
What you will do as a Full-Stack Engineer:
- Write, unit test, and implement production-quality code.
- Actively contribute to application architecture and product vision.
- Participate in requirements gathering, prototyping, and product design.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, and product demos.
- Ensure code meets security, availability, and performance expectations.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Develop architectures that leverage products from reliable vendors to deliver on well-documented requirements while looking to reduce cost and complexity.
- Work with other security geeks.
- Coordinate with product management, client delivery teams, and corporate management to execute aggressive, but realistic, projects.
General responsibilities include:
- Coordinate delivery with our U.S. based Client Applications Team & Product/UX teams, participating in planning sessions, bug fixes, code reviews, and release windows as needed.
- Participate in all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support.
- Refine our Engineering methodology based on industry best practices with continuous feedback against well-defined metrics.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and Engineering best practices.
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Work with and mentor peers to ensure the end-to-end solution provided by BV works seamlessly for our clients.
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment.
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization.
- Execute on tight schedules and under pressure.
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Engineer systems that are maintainable, flexible and scalable.
- Follow a disciplined workflow driven by well-defined requirements.
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed.
- Be a subject matter expert in how a set of technologies work together.
- Relentlessly push for successful operational outcomes.
- Possess a strong interest or background in cyber security.
At BlueVoyant, we recognize that effective cyber security requires active prevention and defense across both your organization and supply chain. Our proprietary data, analytics and technology, coupled with deep expertise, works as a force multiplier to secure your full ecosystem. Accuracy! Actionability! Timeliness! Scalability!
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, Budapest and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the EU. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.