Cyber Security, Pentesting, Engineering, cybersecurity, security engineer
Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
Position Reference: 1938
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Security Engineer to support the RHEA Security Services business unit.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies and challenging security projects. As a Security Engineer, you will be involved on a variety of activities, from commercial customers to European Institutions and the European Space Agency.
If you have a passion or interest for cybersecurity and would like to join a team of cyber experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place. At RHEA you will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cybersecurity projects for ESA, NATO and the European Commission.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Conducting penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and security audits of various systems and applications.
- Identifying and reporting security vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the customer’s IT systems and processes.
- Developing and executing test plans, scenarios and test cases to evaluate the security of systems and applications.
- Communicating findings and recommendations to stakeholders and management.
- Staying current with industry trends and the latest threats, technologies and methodologies related to security and penetration testing.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science, engineering, IT or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ proven work experience as a Security Engineer or Penetration Tester.
- A strong knowledge of networking, operating systems and web technologies.
- Experience with penetration testing tools, methodologies and techniques.
- Two years of experience in security principles such as attack frameworks, threat landscapes and attacker tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Familiarity with security standards and frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK, OWASP, NIST, and SANS.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., OSCP, CEH, GPEN).
- Experience in delivery of operations services or specification of solutions for cyber defence or security operations including some of the following:
- ISO 27000 series standards
- Cyber security frameworks such as NIST
- Cloud Computing or virtual machine security
- Cyber defence or continuous monitoring solutions.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Information Security concepts involving incident detection, analysis, decision support and response
- Network security technologies
- End system architectures and operating systems such as Windows, Linux.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in customer expectations management.
- A problem solver and you can find your way around in extreme situations.
- Good analytic and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in multi-cultural environments.
- Experience in cybersecurity for space, defense, critical infrastructure, finance or government systems.
- Eligible for an EU security clearance.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.
How to apply
Looking to take your career to the next level or find out more details about this opportunity? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.